Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
i have no idea what your known behavior is aside from the things you have posted in this thread and your social critique in the what s lomo thread.
So you read the first thread I posted to and the last thread I posted to, skipped everything else inbetween, misinterpreted what I said, and then arrived at a rather fantastic conclusion. And this is my fault how?

My strategy is a little different. I assume everyone that is posting on this forum enjoys taking pictures and does so at least on a semiregular basis. Even if I disagree with them about a particular piece of equipment, methodology, or philosophy I at least give them the benefit of the doubt in that regard. It's awfully dark not to.

you already suggested such a study would be useful, and i was under the impression that you currently do something similar ...
since you linked to a website that had information you suggested you use.
jnanian, I have an inquisitive mind and I ruminate about a whole host of things. Just because I theorize about one thing or another doesn't mean that it forms the sole basis of my photographic endeavors or in fact is even a major factor in my hobby. I didn't start this thread. I just happened upon it and expressed some thoughts.

you already suggested such a study would be useful, and i was under the impression that you currently do something similar ...
since you linked to a website that had information you suggested you use.
WTF?! You said you thought some information would be useful and I provided a link to where that information was already being collected so you could look at it! I wouldn't have helped you out if I knew you were going to insult me for doing it. I happened to have some Beutler's and a roll of TMAX 100 and wanted to know what to do. It's not like there was detailed information on TMAX 100 in Beutler's on the film box so I googled. Is that a crime?!

Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
i think it would be an interesting experiment to have a thread that is only one specific type of film, and people post attachments to it showing
whatever film and a note as to how it was developed
Check out this site. I use it to see if what I am doing with a new developer is at least reasonable.
i would rather spend my time and effort making photographs on lo-fi or hi-fi photographic equipment, not studying the effects and affects of film and developers.
Me too. Welcome to the club.