Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
What brand of densitometer is it. I have not seen a densitometer that shows "V". You probably need to contact the manufacturer to find out.
If "V" is from the HSV system, then there are some converters on-line that can go from RGB to HSV: http://www.cs.rit.edu/~ncs/color/t_c...HSV%20to%20RGB http://www.javascripter.net/faq/rgb2hsv.htm

The color densitometry chapter in Todd an Zakia describes Equivalent Neutral Density (END) and mentions that if you know the END and Analytic Spectral Density of a dye, you can take that ratio and use it in the ASD/ISD conversion matrix to calculate END.
The densitometer is the X-Rite 810 reflection/transmission densitometer. The V stands for Visual and it's the same as B&W density.