Quote Originally Posted by jernejk View Post
[…]since I have the opportunity to improvise a dark room in the bathroom (yeah, not ideal, but that's the only option), I think I should just go for it.
Absolutely. My own darkroom space is part-time. All my equipment packs up onto a couple of bookshelves and a packing tub, with the exception of the Beseler 23c which sits by itself off to the side. I have a folding table I use when I set the system up. I got a Delta 1 Brightlab 11w light bulb that fits in any standard edison base socket to use as a safelight. Running water is in the sink outside the darkroom space.

At the moment, I have an option to buy the basic equipment set with Meopta 5 enlarger, but it does not have a color head.
I did a quick search, and can't get a definitive answer as to which Meopta series you're talking about. I imagine you're referring to the Opemus, which can take a 6x6cm negative. That'll be useful if you ever wish to foray into square medium format. As long as it's in good condition, gives you enlargements the size you want, and doesn't leak light, you'll be fine to begin.

Since I have no experience with color head, I don't know how much easier it is to work with one? Is it worth it?
I found a color head to be ridiculously convenient for doing VC prints. Twist the magenta for hard, the yellow for soft. That said, it's not absolutely necessary to have either a VC head or a colorhead in order to print VC. Get the filters and you'll be fine. You'll probably save some cash as well, and you won't have to worry about the extra expense of getting a new colorhead when you upgrade enlargers. I currently use a set of Beseler 3" color printing filters, hand held below the lens, to handle VC filtration. Yeah, I sacrifice some sharpness, but my prints are pretty to my eye.

I'd just need to fish for red light, timer etc. separately.
The red light I already mentioned. Timers can be had for a fairly small amount of cash. Mine is a (seemingly) ancient Time-O-Lite (I think it's an M72) I picked up off eBay.

Good luck, and have fun!