THanks for the good info, for some reason I hadn't "subscribed" to my own thread, just saw the responses.

I've gotten a few good moon images and found a bracket of f/8, f/11 and f/16 with 1/200 shutter at ISO 100 gives a good image on a 300mm prime with 2x extension tube on a normal tripod on my canon, so I don't think that it would be so bad for my purposes, on a clear night, to get something at f/8 with a shutter of 1/60 or 1/80 to get something decent, sure under exposed for IR slightly but usable.

As far as the sun, thanks for the eyeball advice, I WAS aware of this, but it's always a smart thing to include the info just in case.

I'm aware that most use canon's (especially with digital because they make the special N series that doesn't have the IR coatings so you can capture IR light for stars and such on some of their models). I just thought it would be a lot better to capture it on a 6x6 (or 6x7 as it were) frame, such detail! It's all just an idea, I just can't imagine that there isn't an adapter for the RZ series or that one couldn't be made.

Once you get the numbers and the light intensity levels down, it's actually quite easy to shoot the moon. That's why Ansel got such a good image of that field and barn, I forget the name, but he was out and the sun went down and moon came up, and he couldn't measure anything, but remembered the lumens of the moon or something and calculated the proper exposure in his head and got a fantastic image with the foreground and moon both exposed properly.

Anyway I just want to do it, just to do it, so any further advice would be helpful.

Thanks guys!