Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
Very nice catch! I like the blue bodies; they look black enough to be dignified, but on close inspection the blue gives them a little character.

That's an Industar-26m, the standard lens on most FED-2 bodies; it's a Tessar type and can be pretty darn good.

There are a lot of fiddly little bits to make up for the absence of electronics, but it's a fairly simple camera on the whole. No slow-speed escapement system, which helps. That said, the one time I went into mine to try to fix the shutter tension, I made things worse rather than better...

Yes, except for the concern about alignment differences between Soviet and "real" M39 focus threads. It shouldn't be a problem with wide-angle lenses, which means that you might think about something like the Voigtlaender wides as well as the fSU originals.

I'm not sure what the Industar 28 is, but the Jupiter-12 is a seriously nice lens, or at least my sample is. You might want to play with that Industar-26m for a while before deciding if you need the 50/3.5 as well; I decided I really like one of my "stock" lenses and didn't need another normal.

-NT
I thought about the leica clone but in all actuality I'll probably CLA the Tessar as I have almost all the tools save the lens spanner and that is on order.

Plus from what I've seen on the Tessar clone it's absolutely fantastic. There's a whole slew of 50mm lenses for the FED-2 I might just keep this one.