I tend to agree with the right tool for the job philosophy... but not really the comparison of MF to photoshopped digital images. I love my 35mm cameras, for reasons that have all been mentioned already as well as others: for very little, I have normal, telephoto and wide angle at my disposal witha 35mm slr, much less than a good MF outfit would cost me. And yes, I know that you get what you pay for - but its better to have something than nothing, and there are some great lenses available for most 35mm SLRs. But... there is something about that big, beautiful negative at the end of a MF shot. Makes me fear the day I can afford to get into larger formats... for now I am safe due to finances. I also find that I take more time, and my mind tends to compse better on a square format.

One thing, perhaps a bit off topic - I find that when I shoot 35mm most of the shots are done with the camera on its side (vertical)... Has anyone else had this phenomenon? See, the 6x6 eliminates that problem I am ok with that, but I notice that my wife has trouble handling an SLR in that position, one of the reasons why she is joined at the hip with a QL17 ever since the two met...

And yes, even a little TLR seems to draw attention, if not because of size, then because of its unusual (to the average person) appearance. My Lubitel is tiny, inconspicous... but people still flock to see what that "cute little old fashioned thing" is!