LEDs are much better than CFLs, but they're still not where we'd want them to be in terms of color accuracy. They're also not full-spectrum - they're peaky in the blue end of the spectrum (I noticed how white/cool things look with them in my house, as opposed to warm when using traditional incandescent bulbs). I think the reason we're seeing the push to alternative bulb sources is that an incandescent can be made for only a few pennies more that will last 10+ years, like the LEDs are supposed to. They may not be as energy efficient as LEDs, but they're very cheap to buy. Instead of making more efficient incandescents, they've gone to CFLS and LEDs because you can charge $4/ea for the CFLs and $25 ea for the LEDs. So the manufacturers are pushing for LED because the long-term reduced turnover is compensated for by the massive increase in short-term profit gains. LEDs still need to get lighter, brighter, steadier AND more color accurate if they're going to truly replace incandescents. I got some LED floods to put in the recessed lights in my hall. They were marketed as being dimmable (which some are not). They still flicker sometimes even when on full power. They got better after I had them installed for a week or so, but in the beginning I was about ready to take them back because of it.