I lived in China from 1996 to 2001 and tried Lucky, Shantou and Shanghai films. Was not overly fond of the B&W Lucky much preferring the Shantou ERA 100 which some speculate is a version of Plus-X. The Lucky color was not too bad after I found a decent lab in Beijing. Heavy on the saturation of reds though (imagine that). I've been back a few times and loaded up a few years ago on a few hundred rolls each of 35mm Shantou ERA 100 and 120 rolls of Shangahi GP3 (65-75 cents per roll). Keep it on ice and am still working my way through them.

Some discussion of GP3 on another recent thread but overall, like most B&W emulsions, the Chinese films are capable of very good results once you get them dialed in. Last time my wife went back to Beijing to see her sister we asked her sister to snag some more film for me for when Amy got there. She did track down a little more of each but it was harder to find and was told more than a couple of times by employees at the shops that the films were no longer being made and that what was left was simply remaining stock. Maybe they did some huge runs like Agfa did at the end and we'll still see it for some time...