Check the lens.
- Put the lens on the camera.
- Remove the back
- Look through the back when you fire the camera.
- You "should" see daylight coming thru the lens.
- Check the lens at ALL shutter speeds and all aperture settings to make sure you see daylight.
- This at least tells you that the shutter and aperture are working with that lens.
- You cannot test the shutter speed for accuracy w/o a shutter speed tester.
- Finally read the manual for any tip on long exposures, example your 1 second setting.