Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
"Ortho" film usually means it IS spectrally sensitized (with sensitizing dye) for green wavelengths, in addition to blue. Non-sensitized emulsion is blue-sensitive only. Those are also available for some special purposes such as copy films as mentioned before in this thread.
Quote Originally Posted by CBG View Post
Among other consequences, all that means that to mimic a plain emulsion with a pan film and filters, use a blue filter. To mimic an ortho emulsion, use a cyan filter which passes blue and green.
Sorry to mix things up, but I'm rather confused.
I'd like to simulate non-sensitized emulsion (like wet plate collodion) with an ortho emulsion, which filter should I use? From what has been said, I understand that I could achieve the same effect with a panchromatic film and a deep blue filter like a 47b, but I haven't quite understood what filter is best with orthochromatic emulsion...if anyone could shed some light on the matter, I'd be extremely grateful

I was also wondering if anyone had any experience developing Ilford Ortho Plus with Rollei Low Contrast developer for pictorial use. I took a couple of portraits in the studio, exposing the film at 50 iso and I can't find info on this combination anywhere

Thanks