You are only partially correct about this "clipping" business. Yes, you can shift the color temperature in
the shadows to warmer, but what you cannot do is isolate cross-contamination between the color layers
if the film has in fact underexposed them in the sense of overlapping the respective dye curves - once it
has occurred during actual exposure. You might improve things, but are not squarely addressing the
problem. Filtering in the first place is a better solution, though not itself always perfect. You not only
risk blue in the shadows, but a degree of mud. Most folks ignore this because they are just used to muddly color negs or artificially warmed shadows. But Ektar can be tamed to a degree if you understand it, and this involves correct exposure. Not that it isn't an issue with other films, but like I
said, people just get used to exposure errors and blame the film, pick another one, blah,blah. ... or worse, imagine they can correct anything afterwards. Well, I watched some poor dude spotting out a
silhouette of a mosquito on the sky of one of Ansel Adams's Mt Denali prints. I could be done - but it
would have been a helluva lot easier to chase the mosquito out of the bellows to begin with!