Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
We live in an age where film cameras are being made a mere fraction of the amounts made just 15-20 years ago, so used is a good bet...used and easy to find replacements or get repaired is a *great* bet.

I did a search on ebay for both "Rollei 6008" and "Hasselblad", the latter being a fully usable system across a broad variety of models, not sure about the Rollei stuff.

The results are 91 for Rollei 6008 and 7,100 for Hasselblad....kind of all you need to know...right?

I use a 501CM with a 500CM as a backup or second...I have never needed it as a backup. If not using them with a waist level finder, a clean NC-2 does the trick and really does not add all that much bulk and weight. I own and use mint CF versions of the 50mm FLE, 60mm, 80mm, 100mm, 180mm and will take delivery tomorrow of a mint 1.4XE converter to make my 180 into a sharp 250mm 5.6. I also use three extension tubes, Proxar #1, dedicated shades, 6093T shade, one A-24 back and 8 A-12 backs, prefer the square format and will backup a tad for a shot I expect to crop to 8x10 format.

In using and printing from black and white negatives in 35mm, 120mm and 4x5, the Hasselblad V system is by *far* the most versatile, compact, trouble free, professional and productive camera system I have ever used. I type this as a beautiful 30"x30" print hangs on the wall next to me..I really want for nothing more...
Hasselblad is my go to camera for serious work. I have a Hasselblad 503 CX with a PME 45 prism, 50mm CF, 80mm CF, 150mm CF and 250mm CF lenses. I also have a Hasselblad 903 SWC.
I have several 35mm cameras including two Nikons, one for color and one for black & white. I also have a 4"x5" Pacemaker Speed Graphic and 4"x5" Graflex Model D.

No names please but someone has a serious case of Hasselblad envy.