Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
It's all a personal thing. Some people are one camera, one or two lenses, one film and one developer. Wonderful for them. As long as they don't get all high and mighty about it...

Personally I love shooting many different cameras and have extensive sets I've collected thru the years both MF and 35mm. As my mood or spirit changes I feel drawn to different systems at different times not only for the results I get but how differently the systems handle and the fun of seeing what I can do and get with different lenses and th different approaches each system or set demands or encourages in me.

Obviously you got very lucky here getting such a nice camera and set of lenses. Have fun and see what you think. If it's not for you sell it off or pass on the favor to another close friend.

But don't decide such too quickly! Give it a year or two and at least 3-4 strong solid tries with the F4 system before you decide to move on from it.
+1. I, too, have several systems (Hasselblad, Nikon and Leica) and bounce back and forth depending upon mood and what I happen to be interested in (or "planning") to shoot at the time. The Hasselblads - loaded with PanF/FP4/E100G/E100VS) are generally (but not always) my go to set for landscape or fine art work. The Nikons, for their part, get called on for sports or wildlife shooting (anything requiring long glass). And the M6 is usually my choice for a "walk around" when I feel a certain want of ambition and don't feel like carrying around a bag of gear. That said, I just enjoy shooting and tend to move quite easily between the three systems. And, too, sometimes it is interesting to "bounce around" between cameras just to see how the choice of equipment influences what and how I see, and how I will shoot what I see.