If you've ever been to B&H you'd understand. My guess is, they have exact counts of what the Tri-X 8x10 purchase per year is, and probably do a special order THEMSELVES to keep it in stock, there's SO many photographers in NYC and they are very good at knowing exactly what their customer base wants. I'm sure they did the math and special ordered a certain amount. They also still have 620 rolls...

They always put the expired stock in a special category so anything you see listed is "fresh" stock and not at all expired.

I don't know if they freeze it, but it's more than likely they do.

PS I agree with the statement about supporting Ilford.

I buy Acros for the reciprocity characteristics and price, if Ilford had a film that matched that, I would not buy any Fuji, and if Tmax becomes more expensive than Delta400 I'll be ALL ilford. (Speaking of 120 film prices). The only thing that could make ilford any better is if they matched fuji's 120 rolls with their easy pull wrapper and their instant catch reels which are super convenient especially since I shoot in a lot of environments where I'm wearing gloves, it's MUCH easier to grab a tab and not have to fiddle with cutting a wrapper or licking paper, and much easier to catch that leader then have to make sure it wraps properly...

I know there are patent issues ilford probably wants to avoid but I hope they pick up on this because those are some really useful features...

And if they would make PanF+ in 4x5... AND 70mm perf... hehe...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk