I just snagged an absolutely pristine Voightlander Perkeo 1 with 75mm f/4.5 Vaskar lens (coated) and a Prontor-S shutter. It has double exposure prevention, so I'm assuming this means it is the later version, made from 1953-55? This will be my 4th folder; (I also own a 1917 Kodak Autographic 1A, 1951 Ensign Ranger and 1951 Franka Solida 1) I should be seeing it arrive in my mailbox in about a week.

I'm wondering if any of you may own one of these, and what are your thoughts on it? I have been told by a few folks that the Vaskar lens is actually of much better quality than some reports circulating on the Net. I am not too concerned about a little corner softness, as long as the centre is sharp. By many accounts, this is indeed a very well-built camera which is capable of excellent images, regardless of whether it comes with a Vaskar 75mm/80mm or Color Scopar 80mm lens. Is anyone familiar with this Vaskar/Prontor-S combo? I look forward to any info/pointers you can provide. I will be sure to post some test photos once the camera arrives.

Thanks!
Glen