Thank you all.

Well, the thing is, I read that the P's patches are mostly faded. I actually bought two P's from keh.com a long time ago and returned them because they were just too difficult to focus. I concluded that nothing can compete with an M so I dove in and I have no regrets. However, I am not looking for a lesser-expensive everyday carry. an M3 + 50mm f2.0 Summicron is great but too expensive for me to "throw" around.

I figured that I'd go with something "classic" (Leica/Nikon/Canon) over a bessa because I do not need a lightmeter and I feel that the older cameras were just better built and more durable.

So the choices seem to be a Leica LTM if I can deal with it's quirks, a Leica CL, Canon P, or Nikon S2. I concluded that the later three are more suitable so I'm just exploring these options. There are lenses that I would like to fit on all three that I think will be of sufficient quality (40mm f2 or 50mm f1.8/ f1.4 or 50mm f2/ f1.4) and not incredibly expensive. The P outfit would probably be the cheapiest