Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
What we're looking for is thinner, paper-based and with a fine leatherish print. I seem to remember this stuff was also used on other things than just cameras, so maybe we should be looking somewhere else than just in the camera section of the web?
Try at a bookbinder. They have all kinds of extremely thin leather and leatherette.

-- MW