Quote Originally Posted by Earl Dunbar
Are you sure the correct batteries were installed, and that they were fresh, i.e., not subject to long shelf storage? The correct batteries for the OM4-T are SR44W and equivalent, including the now-discontinued Energizer 357. Alkaline or other types of "compatible" batteries can cause the type of behaviour you mention.

FWIW, I would send the the camera to John at Camtech and get an estimate as well as a price for selling the body to John as a parts camera. John buys OM bodies for spares/parts, and he is a fair person, in my experience.

Cheers,

Earl
Well, I bought the same original silver oxides types that were in there before when the camera was working ... S76 and still, it was not a happy stable camera. Went to a local repair shop (formerly a authorized repair depot) with the camera and tried a few other different batteries (other than the S76 from another place) and still the same irrational results. It must just want to retire . I hate to part with anything so it will have a nice place being a bookend for now