Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
Do you print in a darkroom or scan?
TMax 400 has better resolution (or detail) than FP4+. It has one of the longest straight line curves of any film, will react very well to agitation changes you make to shape that curve into a shoulder if you like that better. When you take this film to the darkroom and print it, or if you use it with a scanner that can actually resolve grain (like an Imacon Flextight), you will know what the full potential of TMax 400 is. Until then you're just seeing an approximation.

I attached three images that are scans of prints. If you can tell me whether they are TMax 400 or not I'll be very impressed.
I scan, I don't have any room for an enlarger and printing.

Resolution doesn't do anything for me when the image looks bland.

I would guess based on my limited experience, the first two are Tmax and the last one is something else (the large girl) of all of them the large girl image is the only one that's semi-interesting but even that doesn't "do it" for me (not commenting on photographic skill, just it's characteristics).

So am I wrong?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk