Yes I think your reasoning makes absolute sense and I noticed the same section in the Kodak publication. What I was trying to say rather clumsily was:1 Kodak doesn't seem to be helpful about what the user does to lower developer activity, given that this magenta cast may be easy to create. You had to discover this yourself and presumably had to deviate from what Kodak would have said was the correct process which should have produced a neutral print

2. It is still a mystery why at the first time when the issue arose and without your later changes you did manage to get a neutral print alongside your magenta cast prints.

For what it is worth I once used the Kodak TCN 400 film and had it commercially developed and printed on RA4 paper and there was a slight but noticeable hint of magenta in some prints. I suspect that there was a hint in all the prints but in some scenes and tones it was almost invisible but somehow none of the prints looked right compared to silver gelatin prints.

It certainly dissuaded me from bothering with Kodak chromogenic films and RA4 paper for B&W prints again.

pentaxuser