Metering:
I use a Minolta in incident mode from old process when I shot color transparency. I used incident for B&W also.
But I am thinking of getting a spot meter, now that I'm getting ready to use my 4x5 for B&W.
Each has its pros and cons.
Look up "sunny 16." It is a basic daylight exposure chart, and it works just fine for B&W and color negative film.

Film:
MF is avail in both 120 and 220, but I think there is only 1 emulsion avail in 220. I think the 220 emulsion is a Kodak color negative film. Unfortunately no B&W is available in 220.
Personally I prefer to use a medium speed film. This gives me exposure control even during bright daylight. During daylight, with 400 speed film I would be maxed out on the camera f16 @ 1/500 sec. I use Ilford Delta 100, because that is what the college class used when I got restarted shooting film. And it does the job for me. My old B&W films are gone; Panatomic-X and Plus-X.

Developing:
Plastic or stainless steel (SS) reels. Your choice based on what you are comfortable with.
I use SS reels only because that is what I learned on, and can load SS reels easier than plastic.

Scanning:
I don't know if the Nikon will handle 6x9 format.
WARNING. TIF files can be HUGE. I scanned a 35mm slide at 4000dpi, and the TIF file was 120 MEGA bytes large !!! I can only image how large a scan from a 6x9 would be.

You might look into wet printing. Although to do 6x9 you will need to get a 4x5 enlarger. You can find 4x5 enlargers at very affordable to almost give-away prices. Like your camera, you may have to look for a while. It took me almost a year to find my 4x5 enlarger. Some sellers still can't get over how bad the market for enlarger has fallen, you just skip their ads.

N-Joy your new toy :-)

That camera is on my camera shopping list.