I think there was a slight resurgence with the instant cameras, but not large enough of a blip to cause any significant change in new instant camera ownership or instant film sales that would ultimately drive the economies of scale to push down prices and drive up quality through competition.

So far impossible has been plagued by unstable films over time, as well as the need to shade ejected films right after capture. Something that Polaroid solved in the past that they have to resolve with considerably less technical staff and capital.

Zink was a neat concept but it never seemed to catch on, I have never once seen a unit out in the wild. Only online and rarely in stores. Print size was also tiny and I don't think it had much capacity for larger image sizes generated by higher resolution cameras.

Fuji also seems to try and keep the ball rolling, the instax wide is neat, and I've seen their smaller instax cameras used on the street and even a friend of mine had one. Still very pricey.

Polaroid seems to be going the other way now, they just launched a fotobar concept where customers bring in digital media to print and frame in a retail setting. Kinda like a big Kodak kiosk but one that lets you put fancy frames on your pictures. Not sure if it's done while you wait or if there is a later pickup date or delivery. Not really sure where they are going with this as many online retailers for photo printing offer similar options for framing(an most likely cheaper as the costs are lower than a b&m store). And I've never seen anyone say that they need a print from their phone on the wall framed and matted right this instant to demand such speedy service (if Polaroid ever provides it on site).

Your idea would have to be quite revolutionary, or maybe well marketed at the incredibly wealthy suckers out there haha