Hi all, hi PE,

So I tested again the quickly washed FB print with the HT2, a few meter from a 60W incandescent wall light. And again, after 5 minutes, I got no stains, or barely visible one !
Then, I done the same test using another FB paper (Adox Vario Classic), with a quickly washed print : I got more visible stains, but I have to go under a brighter light to see them without hesitation. I am confused again

I presume I had storage problem with the HT2 bottle, but I find it rather strange, as there is no visible alteration on the test solution (clear, transparent color).

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
Ok, this is Silver Nitrate in Acetic acid. It tests for retained hypo. It forms a brownish red stain in the presence of hypo and Silver complexes which cannot be seen in red light. The Kodak instructions that I have are not specific to wet or dry. They are vague. They are vague also as to the lighting conditions. I have several sets of documents though so I'll look more.
I find this vagueness rather surprising considering the subject importance ! Especially after reading the extensive "Washing Film - Best Environmentally Friendly..."thread on the matter.

Best regards,

Raphael