Hi Folks!

I'm Josh. I have always been interested in photography, but I recently acquired two Minolta 35mm cameras and it has sparked a serious interest. I really enjoy the idea and paraphernalia of film photography, and I like the idea that I could still take and develop photos in the event there are no more computers. Here's my equipment so far:

• Minolta XG-7
  • Minolta X-700
  • Tiffen f/1:3.5 28-85mm zoom w/ Haze 1 filter
  • Albinar f/1:2.8 28mm macro
  • Rokkor f/1:1.7 55mm standard

I've shot five rolls of Ilford Delta-400 with the XG-7, but the first roll I had developed was not that great and I had such a bad experience with the shop that I've decided not to develop the other four rolls until I can do it myself at home. I've shot two rolls of Fujicolor 200 with the X-700, and I was very pleased with the results:

I definitely want to start developing my own film at home, for cost reasons but also because I don't want some 1-hour lab tech messing with my exposures (no offense to photo techs!). Unfortunately, I don't have space in my apartment for a full darkroom, but there is a public darkroom in town so maybe one day I'll be able to make my own prints as well. I'm glad to see there is still a thriving community of film photographers!