I started off with Oriental Seagull paper in the blue-and-white boxes. When that went away, I switched to Bergger VCCB. I'm not sure what I would use now if I wanted to print silver gelatin enlargements, as I think they've changed the formulation of the Bergger (IIRC, Ilford now coats it for them, whereas it used to be Forte). I think I was using Sprint or Edwal paper developer at home, Dektol at school. I switched to Ansco 130 as my primary developer because I got tired of getting greenish bromide undertones from the Dektol on warmtone papers. I have also used (and still have a stash of) the Ilford Warmtone and Cooltone developers (the Cooltone developer is no longer made which is a shame... it was nice for either cooling down a warmtone paper or doing split warm/cool development to produce cool shadows and warm highlights).
For film developer I started off with Edwal FG7, then I found Edwal TG7 which did a better job on the T-grain films like Tmax and Delta. I was mostly shooting Tmax 100 and 400. Then I moved to Rodinal for film developer. After joining APUG, I was taught about pyro developers for film, and started using PMK. After using PMK for a while, someone else clued me in to Pyrocat HD, which I have stuck with since. It makes more sense for me to use Pyro because I'm now almost exclusively doing alt-process printing, and the contrast-boosting properties of pyro developers make that easier. Today my films are primarily FP4+, Arista EDU Ultra 200 and TMAX 400 in b/w.
Last edited by TheFlyingCamera; 02-22-2013 at 11:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.