I've had a lot of time to think about this lately, between taking a photoshop class to catch up to the rest of the digital photographers today (who I'm loosing clients too because I can't do retouches like them that the clients demand) and I recently also saw this image...

Screen shot photoshop blasphemy.jpg

I was asked what I thought of it, I was horrified... there should be some kind of new term for extremely modified digital art that isn't called a "photograph" because that's not a photo that's a digital rendering at that point...

Anyway I've come to the conclusion that for me, doing things like dodging and burning and color adjustments can all be done in the darkroom, even some basic layering could be done by masters, but something like this is just not ok... but it's the way the world works, people change, technology changes... but I think, for me, knowing how to adjust color tone and doge and burn some areas is about all I'll accept from myself and I think that's ok.

So as my previous post stated, I think it's OK to adjust color tones to match a film type. I especially think it's ok if that film is no longer available.

Anyway that's my take...