Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
From the Nov 2012 price list: http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...ls_Nov2012.pdf

Double X is $178/400ft and $444/1000ft, which is about $44.50/100ft, or $44.40/100ft respectively. Did you honestly think that people would pay more than double that for a company to put it into a smaller canister? Whats so special about it, that it comes in the same kodak can that other bulk rolls come in, in the same black plastic baggy? That there is a special label? I doubt they will make a smaller label for a smaller can on such a run.

A better approach would to just buy the rolls, and charge $10-$15 on top of that $44.50 for respooling yourself, and in the end everyone one gets a reasonably priced film, conveniently packaged in 100ft lengths, and you get a free 100ft out of it for your troubles. With a set a rewinds respooling is just a few rotations of a crank.
I honestly didn't know if 50 or 60 people would be willing to spend $10 more than they would for TMAX 100 to get Double-X before I asked the question. I suppose this is very hard for someone with your obviously brilliant ability to divine public opinion & desire, but then I actually wasn't thinking about asking Kodak to make special labels either...

Again, I'm not looking to make money on this, I'm not looking to have a new project re-spooling films for people I have plenty to do. I was asking a question to see if there was interest. Turns out, as you knew all along there isn't. I wish you could have divined that I was going to ask the question and gotten ahold of me before I went to the trouble. Maybe next time.

So, do let me know when you've gotten those 100' rolls spun up for us and maybe I'll get one.