Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
People usually disagree with me on this film but I will give you my two cents based on the testing I've done with it (35mm only).

5. No matter what developer and process you use, these films do not have long exposure scales. Therefore they are best used under low to medium-low contrast conditions.

6. **I have never seen an example (scan, print etc) that looks like it was made with anything other than a high contrast copy/document film. Shadow detail is always poor, and highlights are blank. People will tell you the high resolution and ultra-fine grain of films like Tech Pan, CMS20 etc can make 35mm negatives print like medium or large format. But I have never seen any evidence of this. In practice these films promise much more than they deliver. If you value tonality, you are much better off with a general purpose fine grained film such as TMax 100. Even if you could take advantage of the high resolution capability of CMS20, there is a lot more to image quality than resolution.**

Hope this helps.
Hi Michael,

I've read several comments about Agfa Copex Rapid having excellent tonality, is this an exaggeration ? Is it more similar to Techpan or Tmax ?

Paul