Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
Hi Rich,
You might be right in the end about the camera. But I would still like to at least replace the sports finder with a normal prisma finder or even the
F Photomic Tn.
About the Tri-X: I still have some of the old Tri-X (from before the big change in 2004?) but I don't think it's the same as in 1967? Still, it is Tri-X
and I used Tri-X mostly all these years.

BUT: I do have an original box with 12 unused HP3 glass plates (9x13 cm = 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 inch).
Attachment 64781 Attachment 64782 Attachment 64783
Probaly from the 50's of 60's? See: http://www.photomemorabilia.co.uk/Il...hronology.html
How about that?
I would keep the camera you have. It's a known quantity. If you absolutely must have a serial number that was from that month, look for a junker with a 6799xxx or 680xxxx serial, and swap the rewind side top cover. Pretty easy to do, actually.

I'd look for an eyelevel finder, since the Tn finders are usually in poor shape these days. Cosmetically, no, but electrically, yes. Frequently, the battery check button's mechansim will fail and prevent the meter from turning on. Most of them also have dirty/broken ring resistors, so the needles are erratic when they do work. Only once have I come across a T or Tn finder that was actually in good working order. Was on my second Nikon F body that I purchased from a camera repair shop in March or April 2007.

-J