Dear APUGgers,

I am looking for a small quantity of 5x7" black & white sheet film that is in-date (or cold-stored and in good condition); about 10 sheets are all I need. It also needs to be a film which has published spectral sensitivity, which is basically every Kodak or Ilford film.

The reason I need this is that I have some antique Finlay Color Screens (akin to Dufaycolor, or Autochrome) in 5x7" format, and I'm going to be taking images using them for the purpose of publishing a scholarly article regarding screen-plate color reproduction. The idea is to understand the transmittance of the dyes used in the screen and how that, coupled with a film's sensitivity, lends to color reproduction. This is a collaboration that I'm involved in with a student of imaging science in Switzerland who I met at the Image Permancence Instiritue here in Rochester, where he was interning.

So that's why I say it's for a good cause! The analysis and results should be very interesting, although I cannot take credit for the hard-core science behind it, just the production and processing of the photograph. I look forward to sharing the results of this paper with APUG.

If you are interested in helping out, please shoot me an email at holmburgers (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Sincere thanks,

Chris