Do you know how many rolls of film I f***ed up when I started? Calculators don't count that high!

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post
Stick with the camera that is working, and keep your eye on it, as it's liable to STOP working. :-)
I agree! Pick one camera, one film, one set of chemistry and use one method of using it all. Don't change anything unless you have to. (To solve a problem or correct a mistake.) Do everything the same way every time. Do it until you can do it with your eyes shut.
The quick answer is that using several cameras and doing things different ways introduces more variables into the system. When you are learning, you want to keep things as simple as possible until you understand how everything works.

I know it's discouraging when mistakes keep happening but this is the time to keep going, not the time to quit. The frustration is part of the learning process. Stop now and you won't learn anything. Everything you have done will be for nothing. In business, that's what's called a "sunk cost."

Keep it up! You'll get the hang of it!

As Thomas Edison said, "I have not failed. I have just found 1,000 ways that don't work."