Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
There's a photo right now in the image gallery's 1st page that clearly says by the poster that he dodged and burned digitally because he doesn't have a darkroom and everyone is praising his photo, so it's a bit confusing for me to understand what others "say" about the rules and who actually follows them.
stone i finally figured out what photograph you were talking about ...
i think the difference is that even though the poster was a bit heavy handed
in his "burning" in the sky, that can be done in about 2 seconds in a darkroom, and could
easily be replicated as a physical darkroom print. changing a color chrome to a black and white
image, converting a black and white image to a platinum color scale, or a van dyke or cyanotype
or hand coloring a black and white image to look like color, that is a bit different ...
i have some hand tinted b/w images in my blog, and over on dpug that i could have easily posted in the gallery
here, and said " black and white scans i added color to, so they look like post cards from 1900" but i didn't ...
in the end its just about respect for the site ... and for the guidelines sean has for them ...
there isn't really a police or task force out to get people, its kind of the honor system ...