Actually as far as I know Minolta CLE had a "real time" TTL exposure system, similar to the one later introduced by Olympus in their OM-2 and by Pentax in their LX models.

What I mean is that the exposure showed in the viewfinder is only a first approximation. During actual exposure the camera measures the light reaching the film plane and cuts exposure when and only when the right amount of light reached the film.

This is basically the mechanism used in TTL-flash exposure, only it is used with ambient light, and exposure is controlled by closing the shutter rather than cutting the flash emission.

As far as I know the Minolta CLE was the first camera ever to have this feature.

The advantages of such a solution are not really striking, but are not inexistent either. If you have a defective diaphragm for instance, which closes slowly (for lack of lubrication, damage due to shock etc.) the "real time" exposure will take that into account.
If you use complex setups (bellows) "real time" exposure will reduce the scope for errors (no problems with diaphragm simulation or lack thereof or manual calculation of compensation factors).

I wouldn't worry too much about repairing: unless a camera is used in very dire conditions (humidity, dust) electronic cameras are very reliable and damages (typically a burned capacitor) will be dealt with by an expert repairer.