I've done this only to test my "perforating" of un-perfed color film for an 126 cartridge.

The results were not great, but I was looking for frame spacing, light leaks, etc., so quality didn't matter. I've seen many posts on this forum with quite nice examples, so a good job can be done, and others here can give better information.

However, it was difficult for me to find instructions specific for D-76 (the site search can be a bit hit-or-miss). I've a litre of unused D-76 that is about 6 months old, and I'd rather use it for testing than toss it. I suspect there are better developers for this.

Here is what I did:
- About 5 minutes presoak/wash with warm tap water, several water changes (didn't measure the temp as I wasn't going for good images).
- 14 minutes of stock strength D-76, 5 inversions every 60 seconds. (The best idea I could find for D-76 was 14 minutes. A previous roll done for 19 minutes seemed a bit too long.)
- Washed with lukewarm tap water (3 changes of water).
- About 3 minutes in a stop bath.
- Washed with lukewarm tap water (3 changes of water).
- 15 minutes fix (clip test cleared B&W in 5 min, and the fixer is old).

I was very careful with the developer and fixer times. The other times were not important considering what I was trying to accomplish, so I did not pay too much attention.

Remember, this was a quick and dirty test for me, image quality was not a concern. The film will be darker than B&W film, or color processed C-41, but you should get something useable.

A friend at work has the negatives to scan for me, or I'd post a picture. You can find a lot of examples here on APUG.
The negatives showed what I was testing was fine, and it does look like I'll have some good, but boring, images.