@ted

To shoot a wedding just took some pre-planning and working with the couple. Everything that needed to be shot was planned, if necessary right into the wedding script, no seat of the pants "journalistic" style shooting.

The actual shooting wasn't that difficult.

For things like the procession, you prefocus on a spot, set the exposure for that distance, and shot when they reached that spot. Quite simple. I still use that method today, prefocus and set the camera to manual focus. This is because I cannot rely on the AF to track focus on the subject. Which of the X many focus points will the camera choose to focus, on the person walking down the aisle, and not someone in the audience. I use single point focus, because I have had the AF choose the wrong focus point and thus the wrong subject a few too many times.

For activities, such as cake cutting, boquette toss, etc., the key was to shoot at "the key moment," rather than a burst of shots in continuous mode.
So you had to learn/know the event to be able to anticipate what will happen.
Even now, I shoot my D70 in single shot mode. I can probably count on one hand the times that I have shot anything in continuous mode.

Use of a foldout crank rather than a knob to advance film works for a fast 2nd shot. A few used the ELM, ELX motordrive bodies.

Event coming up (ie. cake cutting), you are near the end of the roll of film. What do you do?
You plan.
Same as with a 35mm camera near the end of a roll. If an even is going to happen, such as cake cutting, you don't wait to end the roll to change film. Otherwise you end up stopping the event while you change film...BAD scene. Instead, you change film in advance, so you have enough frames for the next event.

BTW, it was/is 24 exposures per roll of 220 film. 12 exposure only if you are using 120 film.
Changing film on a Hasselblad is faster than for you with the F5, even with power rewind to help.
On the Hasselbad, you swap the backs, the next back is already loaded and set to frame 1, ready to go.
You could switch to a 2nd F5 camera, and that would be faster, but so can the Hasselblad photog.