Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
I didn't expect quite so much hooplah over my inquiry about Pan F+ in 4x5 sheets.

No, I really don't want Delta 100. It's a fine film for those who prefer the look that it provides. I haven't seen much in the way of Delta 100 images that bowl me over so I'm interested in the traditional emulsions.
There's nothing wrong with asking. However if I put a bunch of prints in front of you from LF negatives there's no way you'd be able to tell me what film they were shot on (leaving aside Infra red) and they range from EFKE/Adox PL25. APX100, Tmax100, Fomapan 100 & 200, Delta 100 & HP5.

There's already threads where Ilford have said there's no chance of Pan F as sheet film, Ilford offer a choice of FP4 or Delta 100 in sheet film sizes, economically there's no way they could make Pan F as the demand just wouldn't be large enough.

If Ilford made a slower film than FP4 or Delat 100 yes I'd use it in LF sizes where I prefer to use a tripod but Ilford have said it's just not possible for technical and even if thise were solved economic reasons. That's the reality we need to accept.

Ian