Quote Originally Posted by Роберт View Post
RLS/CG-512 is an ultrafine grain type developer which should be used on 24C. So for an acurate processing you need a Jobo processor or something like that. And like all ultra fine grain type developers you have to over-expose the film +1F stop which means an E.I. 25-32 for the Retro 80S film.
Hi Роберт,

I exposed it at E.I 25. I have a Jobo but is it really necessary (I only get 0.1 - 0.2 C variation from start to finish when processing manually in a tank) ?

Retro 80S Review by Aurélien LE DUC

Quote:

The film was developed in a small tank (Jobo 1500 serie tank and reel), in
RLS diluted 1+4 at 24°C for 10,5 minutes. During development, 5 inversions were
realized every 30 seconds, as recommended by the supplier. At the end of the
developing time, the film was sunk in a 3% acetic acid bath (from Téténal) as a stop
bath and then 6 minutes in fixer (SuperFix from Téténal, diluted 1+4). Then the film
was washed with the method developped by Didier Carré (film was washed ten times
during ten minutes and the final rinse was realized with distilled water containing
Ilfotol wetting agent (dilution recommended by Ilford 1+200).
The second test was carried out to reach a speed of ISO 50. Shooting
conditions were the same as previously.
To reach such a speed, the film needed to be developped 13,5 minutes in RLS
in the same conditions as what I described before.

As a conclusion, Rollei Low Speed developer gives very reliable results with the
Rollei Retro 80S film. Indeed it gives very thin grain, a very large grey scale, deep
blacks, and highlights are not burnt. Due to the nature of this deep developer, very
similar to Ilford Perceptol, nominal speed (ISO 80) of this film can’t be reached.