It depends on the quality of coatings, and single coated is a misnomer as some coated (pre-MC) lenses have more than one coating layer. Another fly in the ointment is some manufactuers skimp by not coating every air/glass surface.

Let's start with the worst case. Hoya MC lenses, flare was so bad they scrapped the entire range and went back to the drawing board and launched a new range under their Tokina brand name. They'd not coated some internal air/glass interfaces.

Then early but excellent coating, I have a 1953/4 CZJ 150mm Tessar that has suberb coatings no flare under conditions where a MC lens on my DSLR is unuseable, and a very late 150mm Xenar (about 12 yerars old) is equally as good.

Strangely the worst flare is often very bright skies (not necessarily with the sun in shot) and in some cases is due to internal reflections inside the camera body, I get this with my Yashicamat, other times it's possible just very slight haze in a lens, or a lightly scratched lens. Shot's like the OP's fall into this area.

If it's a coated Tessar I'd not expect flare like this unless there's a problem, I don't have issues shooting similar shots with my 1961 Rolleiflex and it's coated Xenotar which in theory would be more prone to flare than a Tessar.

I had some bad experiences with a Hoya lens and a couple of less well coated lenses and shied away frrom uncoated and coated (non MC) lenses but more recent experience over the last 6/7 years with many coated lenses has changed my view-point.

Ian