Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
Check out what Simon Galley has to say about the latent image characteristics of Pan-F+:

"Latent image stability, a real issue on papers and films, both colour and monochrome some are better than others but by and large they are all amazingly stable especially when you consider the LI performance of 50 years ago. If we talk about PAN F + when the ( all new ) plus emulsions were introduced, one major improvement was latent image stability. I should know, but I don't where PAN F + comes in LI performance compared to our other film emulsions but I will speak to our technical service, they will advise me and I will let you know in the next day or so. "....

I've long had the idea that Pan-F had an issue in this regard, but perhaps not.
It's still an issue and Ilford reps have stated on the forum that so long as you develop within 3 months of shooting the film, you should have no worries.

It's one of those ... You deal with it because its such a great film.. Things IMHO

Also, why not just look at the times between HP5+ and FP4+ and half that time and subtract it from the FP4+ they are similar-ish films from the same company so the dev times should be a lot that much less of a stop from FP4+ to PanF+

It's a good starting point at least.

Good luck! I love it in Ilfsol 3 and Rodinal 1+50

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk