Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
The Rollei Digibase kit still seems to be available here in Europe, can't find any information saying it has been discontinued. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) it's made in Germany and distributed by Macodirect, who still list it as available on their site.
I meant to follow up earlier this week. I got a cordial and detailed response from the manufacturer (Compard). The kits have indeed NOT been discontinued -- in fact, I was told they recently expanded their product line to include ready-to-use softpacks (though I think this is old news). Anyway, it's too bad that Freestyle has been misinforming people. I know there were quality issues with the packaging, and if that's why they stopped carrying them, at least say so. It's a perfectly valid reason.

The Compard rep mentioned these retailers that have international shipping: Firstcall (UK), Maco and General Photo (both Germany). I don't know if that's cost effective for the small kits (I only shoot two or three rolls of color negative film in a month) -- and besides, I'd like to progress to a one-shot developer.