Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
... it's so frustrating I don't understand why they are so dumb about it... it's such a terrible protocol/software/whatever ... ugh... sorry random bitch, done now...
Adobe spent a lot of time developing and marketing Flash. Like many companies, they give away the browser plugin and the viewer for free in order to drive website developers into buying their authoring software. Flash is a cash cow for them. Dumping or totally revamping Flash would turn all their work and expense into a sunk cost. Then they run into the problem of incompatibility between newer and legacy products. Making significant changes means that websites which already use Flash would stop working unless they update to the newer version. All the people who have Flash plugins installed on their computers would have to update in order to see the new content, plus they risk losing the ability to see websites created with the older version. Adobe really has gotten themselves over a barrel on this one. Their only option is to use marketing spin to keep pushing the product, no matter how broken it is, at least until they can get a new product to market which will replace it.

BTW: I like the pictures. Especially the one in front of the giant clock face in the Musee d'Orsay.
Sorry I got wrapped up in a minor detail. Me too... rant over.