Please bear with me

I have an M6 and an MP - both obtained used through trades and both in EX condition. I prefer the MP and have taken it on my extended Summer stays in Italy. I do not want to take these cameras with me anymore and would prefer to have a similar quality camera that I could leave there, the way I do with some other gear.

I am thinking of purchasing either an M2 or an M3. I am leaning heavily towards the M2 because it has the 35mm frame-line and that focal length is one of my favorites (my favorite "normal" focal length is 40mm but that frame-line is not available in the M series). I will be using the shoe mount for a Voigtlander VCII Lightmeter, so a shoe-mounted viewfinder is not an option. I have the last model Elmar 50 f/2.8 Collapsible lens that I could also leave behind; I have a 35mm but I would need to take it back and forth - I couldn't possibly leave it there. I will probably limit myself to the 50mm.
Another reason for the M2 preference is cost - it looks like one could be purchased for about $500. in very good condition, cognizant of the fact that whatever I get will need a CLA (add $150. or so?) BTW: the M4 and its successors are financially out of the question...

The question is to those of you who have practical experience with either or both cameras: Which would you prefer between the M2 and M3 and why?

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts...