Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
I don't think that this is a good voice for future film use, it is waxing poetic rather than moving the uncharted territory of film's visual nature forward. Widely percieved nostalgia is actually one of the enemies of film's future as a viable medium and alternative to digi-crap.

Efke products are gone, but Ilford and Kodak ones are not. To pour time, money and effort into a broken down factory is a sad distraction to where the money could be going in terms of film use awareness, youth and other outreach programs, etc...

This seems like a waste of time and money to me...

Sorry, can't agree with your view at all....if you take this to its logical conclusion, you might as well have no technical or industrial museums of any kind. These ladies are asking for support for a project dear to their hearts.....I seem to recall someone asking for support to a nostalgic project for the final year of Kodachrome. Kodachrome had no future as a viable medium at that time (or so Kodak evidently decided), just as it seems that Efke was no longer viable as a company (or so their management evidently tdecided). Should we have ignored the Kodachrome project and moved on to Fuji as being a viable alternative to digital for the future?

(I have a couple of friends who use "digi-crap"...they're expert photographers of many years experience, but, if their 20 x 16 prints of distant countries and rare species of birds and insects are "crap", I wish that I had the ability and skill to produce something half as good with Kodachrome or Fujichrome! )