As a printer who works in alternative processes, the distinction between hand-made and not hand-made is drawn at the point where you start coating your own emulsion In all seriousness though, I think calling the final print from an inkjet printer 'hand-made' is an overreach regardless of whether you print it on your own printer or you send it out to a custom (or not-so-custom) lab. This is in no way a denigration of the skill of the person behind the lens and keyboard who created the image and labored for hours and days in front of their monitor to tweak, polish, dust-remove etc. But once that work is done, I CAN just hit the "print" button and crank out as many identical prints as I have paper and ink to make. In that case, the print is not 'hand-made', but it is still not mass-produced. The problem with the term hand-made is that it's really a marketing term and as such is mis-used to artificially imply value over and above the intrinsic merit of the content of the work. If the content is crap, then all the technique in the world isn't going to make the print a better image, but it may just sucker someone in to buy it who doesn't understand any better. It targets the same folks who buy art on cruise ship auctions.