I scan prints upto A4/Letter on my all-in-one printer/flatbedscanner. Scan at 300 dpi which gives you a file that's too big file pixelwise for apug but nice to work with. The original scan gets loaded onto the PC where I clone out some major dust spots (if needed) and adjust the levels a bit so that the full luminance scale is used. The white print border is always the brightest part of the photo. Crop out the white border. Then resize to 800 pixels on the long side using bicubic sharpener. Resizing makes all the tiny dust spots disappear. I convert the scan to greyscale (desaturate) first and re-tone in electronically to match the print. Save as jpg and you have a file to upload to APUG. For the editing, you can legally download Photoshop CS2 for free from the Adobe website but for simple stuff like this, anything goes. Once you got the hang of it, it doesn't take all that long per photo.

The 11x14 inch prints don't fit on my scanner. I tried to scan them with the fancy printer/copier/scanner at work but I got a lamp reflection on the scan with the glossy prints. Not so with the smaller glossy prints on the home printer/scanner. So I also photograph the larger prints with a DSLR on the tripod. The camera files are essentially treated the same way as the scan files.

Glossy prints (RC & FB) are a pain to re-photograph. I can often see the camera reflected in the print. I'm interested in hearing how other APUG members deal with glossy prints. The images currently in my gallery are all re-photographed 11x14 prints except for the table & chairs image. As an experiment, I scanned that in 2 half photo scans and glued them together in photoshop. Not very successful and it's still visible but only if you know about it.