Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
Well as a photographer, all vacations are "work vacations" so that's confusing...


Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
You need to check to find out if you require a Visa/permit.

Many countries do.

If I cross the border into the USA (a 15 minute drive on a good day) and say that I'm picking up something photographic the US border officials will often question me carefully about my intentions, because:

1) If they think I am working as a photographer when I am in the USA (including shooting stock, or on spec) they will exclude me from the country, unless I have obtained the necessary Visa/permit ahead of time; and
2) If they think that I am acquiring commercial goods from the USA, for import to Canada, I also need to prepare the appropriate commercial export paperwork.

Having high-end equipment when you travel raises suspicion - expect them to try to find your web presence.