Hey Minnesota APUGilists! I just noticed we now have our own Regional Group forum. But no threads in it....until now.

Recently there was something in the Mpls. StarTribune about MN state parks listing the five most visited and the five least visited. How about most photogenic? Which of our state parks is your favorite for photography?

I'll answer my question by saying that Banning State Park is my favorite, though there are many others that I also enjoy. I have photographed at Banning in spring, summer and fall, but not yet in wintertime.

In springtime, it is the wildflowers and ferns that command my cameras' attention, and landscapes with "spring colors" in the trees - that mix of green shades before summer's more uniformly colored foliage. My summer visits are less frequent. Then I'm mainly after particular plant species.

Banning is one of my favorite of all locations during fall color time. The combination of brilliant red maples and the rocky shoreline of the Kettle River has made for some great photo ops. I also like the scenes along the river after all the leaves have dropped.

So, for me it's Banning. Which of our state parks is your favorite for photography?