I've read several times that one can (for instance) use the Beers paper developer system to control Ilfochrome contrast; as you suggest, Kodak or other rapid fixer works fine for fixer; it's only the bleach that's really critical. Sodium bromide isn't impossible to get, and sulfuric acid is both not hard to get and used in other photo formulae (like reversal bleaches). The one that might be tricky is the phenazine or whatever has replaced it.

All likely to be a moot question, of course, since if Ilfochrome chemisty is gone, the paper and tranny film won't be far behind.

I was seeing Ilfochrome as a way I could make Polaroid-like one-off color prints or trannies in my plate cameras without having to deal with RA-4 materials and chemicals. OTOH, RA-4 can be reversed without much difficulty (develop in B&W paper developer, exposed to light to reverse, then apply standard RA-4 process); the main annoyance is it's likely to require significant filtration to make images direct from a scene, where I'm told Ilfochrome materials don't. Let's hope reports of Ilfochrome's demise have been greatly exaggerated...