Quote Originally Posted by Dave Krueger View Post
...I have to admit that the PETE bottles I use don't seem as thick as the HDPE bottles, so maybe the difference in performance isn't quite as great as the raw numbers would indicate. My wife gets bottled water in PETE bottles that are so thin it's like holding a water balloon...
The eco-pro developer PETE bottle is far thicker than those water bottles. Off topic, my wife also buys bottled water. What do they think is wrong with the tap water for drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Krueger View Post
...Saran wrap since...has been mentioned as a way to improve the cap seal on bottles for storing photo chemicals. It turns out that Saran is an exceptional oxygen barrier which is why it keeps food so fresh. Other plastic wraps use less effective polymers. Unfortunately, Saran wrap is no longer made from Saran (polyvinylidene chloride) for environmental reasons. Now they make it from ordinary LDPE.
Which is why I store mixed XTOL in glass bottles with teflon-lined caps. I also decant liquid concentrate developers into those bottles after using enough that their original containers can no longer be squeezed free of air before closing and/or their original caps won't seal tight enough to keep those containers squeezed.