Thanks to all for the helpful comments. I did not expect this many responses to what I had seen as a simple question. The question was not specific to a particular image but was a general question for a future option. I’m currently pondering the benefits/burdens of unsharp masking and filtration seemed to be a key factor. I was considering a few issues with the replacement of the cyan filter with a magenta one.

1. Several paper manufacturers’ datasheets show the Omega system (based on Kodak cc units) will not achieve a G5 contrast without additional filtration. Wouldn’t adding magenta into the light path be equivalent to adjusting cc filter packs in the old days of color printing? Of course, the amount added to reach maximum effective magenta light may only be 50 units from the second filter.

2. The Omega system efficiency is reduced with the small amount of light leakage around the filters. In addition, no filter is 100% effective, so the system never achieves the potential maximum magenta light. I figured that the extra filter is needed to get it closer to the maximum.

3. As I have measured it, with MGIV I get around G4.25 in Dektol 1:2, which would be sufficient 90% of the time. I know that I can use different dilutions, longer developer times, or specialized developers but I thought the additional magenta filter would be the easiest to incorporate.
If the unsharp masking technique becomes a routine practice for me, this seemed to be the best long-term solution. Nothing else would change, only the added option to crank-it-up-to-11 when needed.

I’ve had the head completely apart for a thorough cleaning; so replacing the filter isn’t difficult. The current filters are intact, clean, and the mechanisms work smoothly. With a B&H cost of $68.99 with shipping for a new filter, I don’t plan to move quickly on this project. Maybe I can find a used color head to cannibalize.